Saturday, November 29, 2014

28, November 1967 ,off the coast of Ireland,just outside The Bay of Cobh.



  On this day in 1967, my family disembarked from,the ss franconia,boarded a irish tugboat and wow we saw the beauty of ireland on that bright blue skies sunny day, in the north atlantic ocean,,we sailed into the bay of cobh,,and landed at the port of cork,,eventually we found our house, glencairn, at cross douglas road,,,each house had a name,,and each room had a fireplace as well,,,it was a long cruise,but me and eddie were lucky to not get seasick,,,and we were so happy to finally be  home,!!
the people were all very curious but open and helpful,even our neighbors,especially as we were yanks,but also as there were so many of us,,,10,,along with the "mamma". our Kelly family name for my grandmother,(who was born in Liverpool,England in 1906 and came here to Ireland as a young girl),and mom was expecting a new baby soon,just a wonderful day after a long "keeping an eye out for the youngsters" voyage accross the north atlantic ocean ,,
    I felt a sense of ease upon me, as I realized, it was Billy and I ,who were in charge and responsible for our little brothers and little  baby margaret,,,,
I felt glad  and proud that nothing bad had happened,that we had made it safely,all together.
cheers to all..!!

No comments:

Post a Comment